Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The purpose of my blog

My husband says I 'brag' too much on Facebook.  Well, maybe I do brag a lot on Facebook, but I seem to have a lot to brag about :D  I decided to create this blog so that I would have a forum of sending my thoughts out into the universe and if anyone is interested they may read them... if not, don't.

B, my middle daughter, who is 14 yrs. old was 'discovered' at the Jonas Brothers Concert one summer ago.  We headed to Utah to meet with this 'so called Agent' and found that not only was he a true success but he was one of the first independent agents to represent Elite Models without being owned by Elite.  So, we signed.  Shortly after signing B, my 17 yr old, J wanted to do the same.  The agent loved her and so we signed again.  About 6 months ago, our agent gave us the permission to do local work without agency representation... for experience.  So, I trudged out and have gotten the girls into two fashion shows - one was Artopia, an experience in and of itself!  And the other was for a very promising young fashion designer, Melissa May.  They have also had some amazing photo shoots and a few hair shows.  The girls are loving everything about the modeling world so far - of course, we haven't been to New York, Miami or LA yet, but hopefully soon!

I will sum up my two models as this, B should be in Milan, and J should be on the catwalk for Victoria Secrets.  They are two completely different types of models and I hope that in their careers they will learn to live with the disappointment of their sister getting a job that they wanted and be overjoyed for the one that got it.  I know it will be a hard road and there will be lots of lessons to learn along the way, but I believe we are ready and willing to work hard for it!


My third, M, is only 10 years old, but gorgeous as well, so stay tuned for her.  As a matter of fact, I can't wait to see what she turns into, she is truly a beautiful mix of her sisters (and of course, my husband and I).

No comments:

Post a Comment