Thursday, April 21, 2011

What to say to the one who didn't get the campaign...

I was so excited to receive an email from a local designer... Fahrenkamp Apparel.  They want B for their spring/summer collection.  Problem was when J saw the website up on the computer she said, 'oh, have you heard from them?'  'Uhhhhh, yeah,' I said.  She said 'no big deal if I didn't get it.'  So, I had to break it to her that her sister did... she became quiet and didn't say much.  I know she desperately wants to be happy for her sister, but can anyone blame her for being jealous... no, not I.  Her sister is wafe thin and she is curvy... like I said before she belongs on the runway for Victoria Secrets and her sister belongs in Milan.  There's nothing anyone can do about the way they are naturally shaped without being stupid about their bodies.  I've tried to make sure my girls understand nothing is worth starving yourself for, nothing is worth not being respectful of your own body for, nothing and noone can hurt you if you don't let them.  So, here I am, so happy for one and so needing to find a way to comfort the other.
http://www.fahrenkampapparel.com/#!campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment